Many people in the United States think that they are judged by how clean their home is. A full 87% of American women say they think the cleanliness of their home is a reflection on them. Many people and families hire house cleaning services to pick up the slack. Finding a maid service to keep a home clean has never been easier. There are also things people can do to have a better experience with their experienced maid service.
- Start by hiring the right dependable house cleaning service for you. As was mentioned, finding a maid service to handle your home has never been easier. Talk to people you know who have hired one. Do your research. When you are in the process of finding a maid service, there are a lot of resources. If you do your homework, you should feel better about the company you hire to clean your home.
- Decide what you want from the cleaning service. You may want to have a list of the thing you will need to have done in your home while you are working at finding a maid service. Even after you have hired a maid service, you may want different things from them at different times. For instance, once a year (or maybe more) you may want to have them do a spring cleaning service. Plan in advance for larger jobs that you think you need to have done such as the carpets, flooring, or other projects.
- Declutter your space before your maid service arrives. If you want to get the most from the home cleaning service you have hired, you should be prepared to do some decluttering before they get to your home. Take some time to pick up after yourself and your children. Go through your home and try to make it as neat and tidy as you can. This will mean that while your home cleaner is working on your space, they will spend that time doing actual cleaning and not straightening up. It takes time to do a thorough job washing floors and getting the bathrooms done.
- Keep the communications channel open between you and your maid service. It is hard for anyone to give you the services you want if you are unclear about it. You are hiring a maid service, not a mind reading service. If you have areas of your home that you really need them to pay attention to, or avoid, you need to let the cleaners know that. Many people find luck by writing out a list of what needs to be done first each time the maid service is scheduled to do a cleaning. As part of this, you may want to:
- Ask for the same person each time. This can allow the two of you to form a relationship where they get to know you, your home, and what your needs are. When you do this, you may notice that they are able to do a better job each time they come because they focus on what matters to you.
- Do a walk through with the cleaner. If you will have the same person every week, you may only have to do this once. If it is a new person every week, you may need to do it more often. Walk through with them and show them what you want to be done.
- Have a plan for your pets. If you have pets, you need to let the maid service know about them. This is for a number of reasons. You do not want them to let your pets out the door, for one. They also may need to rethink the way they approach your home if you have dogs and/or cats.
- Walk through your home after they have left. To get a good sense of what kind of job they are doing, walk through your home on days they have cleaned your space. Make notes of what they did well and what can be improved. Share both with the cleaner.
For many, finding a maid service does a lot to improve their quality of life and make their home a healthier and happier place to be.